Sunday, December 19, 2010

Candlelight Service... O Holy Night...

From Candlelight Service

Sometimes the randomness of phototaking can have quite interesting and wonderful surprises. Just like how this shot turned out... I was holding the candle with my left hand whilst taking the pic holding the camera with my right hand.

Thanks  to the backdrop of the lighted candles in the distant background, I was able to produce the soft focus "Bokeh" effect whilst making sure the flickering flame in focus doesn't blow out due to the a/c vent blowing down at an angle to where I was standing at that point in time.

No postprocessing on this pic at all. The Lens flare effect looks especially nice with the circular "flare" around the flame.

http://genez.posterous.com email

No comments:

Post a Comment