Monday, December 20, 2010

Have yourself, a very Trekkie Christmas....

So I went to Big Lots with my mom last week, which parenthetically, is its own special kind of hell, and they were having a clearance on Star Trek figures. I was standing there, looking at them, and suddenly I got this vision of Christmas which could only be realized with a glue gun and a handful of Vicodin. Fortunately, I had both.

Initially, I had thought about making a Star Trek nativity, but I couldn’t find Uhura. Then I remembered these Christmas dioramas I had seen on hat boxes, and I thought I might be on to something. Or at least on something. And it turns out I was.

I made two, and posted pictures on Facebook. I couldn’t believe the response. People really seem to like them, and in fact, offered to buy them. So it is true; people really will buy anything.

I decided to offer these up for sale, with the proceeds benefiting Project Angel Food; a fantastic organization in Los Angeles that provides lovingly prepared meals to men, women and children who are homebound and living with AIDS.

I guarantee Christmas delivery (but only in the U.S.).

It’s too late for Ebay, so we’ll do this by email bids. If you want one or the other, send me an email with whatever you think they’re worth, and I’ll go with the highest bidder. Bids are due tomorrow, December 17th at midnight PDT. I will overnight them to you on Monday.

SPOCK’S FIRST CHRISTMAS

Spock is up from his chair, and about the place the star on top of the tree using his patented Vulcan finger method. He’s so excited, it’s like Pon Farr all over again.


Round box covered in blue and silver paper, trimmed with sequins, artificial snow and silver garland

Box:
3 5/8″ high
20″ around

Entire assemblage:
11″ tall

KIRK’S DRUNK

While decorating the tree, Kirk had a little too much Romulan Ale and opened his gifts early (he got a brand new phaser and a box of tribbles).

Eight-sided box covered in pink and white paper, trimmed with sequins, artificial snow and silver garland

Box:
5 3/4″ wide
4 1/4″ high

Entire assemblage:
9 1/4″ high

Happy bidding!

ShareThis

wait, no Star wars ones?!?

http://genez.posterous.com email

No comments:

Post a Comment